A company built to serve you. It’s your career, Shelter it!
The Document Specialist utilizes document creation software and transcribing equipment to transcribe and create various correspondence, reports, insurance policies, and other documents. The Document Specialist utilizes document creation software and transcribing equipment to transcribe and create various correspondence, reports, insurance policies, and other documents. Required ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Minimum starting salary: $12.31/hour
If interested, please apply by 08/17/17
- Creates Company documents using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access) for Home Office and field offices, including transcribing dictated letters, memos, forms, narrative and statistical reports, recorded claims statements, file reviews and related items. Makes corrections and revisions and returns to originator in a timely manner.
- Creates correspondence for branch offices using letterhead macros to place documents on appropriate letterhead. Uses lists, rosters and other resources to ensure branch office documents are printed on appropriate printer or electronically sent to correct originator.
- Converts underwriting information to create manual policies and typed endorsements for all lines of insurance.
- Maintains Excel records of daily production and errors, including amount of time devoted to tasks assigned.
- Maintains electronic copies of all documents created in Document Manager software and tracks version history of documents stored.
- Ability to recognize and generate letters in letter writing systems for various departments, as well as mail merge projects.
- Communicates through Lotus Notes e-mail and telephone to field and Home Office personnel to resolve questions regarding dictation, transcribed statements, manual policies and re-creating needed letters, forms, reports or other documents.
- Must be able to operate calculator, personal computer, a variety of software, photocopy and fax machines, and transcribing equipment with speed and accuracy.
- Assists with routine duties such as proofreading, picking up work from printer and delivering finished items on an hourly basis.
- Performs various other related duties as requested by the Manager and Supervisor of Document Services.
- Ability to type at least 65 WPM, with accuracy.
- Ability to perform mathematic computations.
- Good reading skills and knowledge of grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation.
- Good interpersonal skills for interactions with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to maintain schedules, prioritize to meet deadlines and work well with others.
- This is the skill set for an individual at midpoint of the banded position. Based upon banding of grades, the skills needed may vary.
- General education at high school level, emphasizing courses in English, math and keyboarding.
- Minimum of 18 months on-the-job training to become familiar with department policies, procedures, equipment, software and personnel.
- Previous clerical/secretarial experience, transcribing experience and advanced knowledge of software within Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
- Works under general supervision, following detailed written and oral instructions, and is accountable for accurately and efficiently typing various correspondence and insurance documents and meeting established deadlines.
- Accountable for daily production and error records for preparation of monthly reports.
- Accountable for accurately and efficiently creating various correspondence and insurance documents, and editing documents and forms as necessary.