The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Provides Telecommunications Customer Support, troubleshooting and generating trouble tickets or work orders.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• First Level support to customers (Faculty, Staff and Students).
• Generate trouble tickets for tracking all customer issues and requests.
• Document step-by-step first level troubleshooting details into the appropriate ticket or work order.
• Ensure trouble ticket updates received via phone, fax and email are logged correctly into each trouble ticket and the appropriate points of contact are notified.
• Adhere to proper method of trouble ticket escalation to next level or group as needed.
Specialized/Professional or Technical Duties:
• Responsible for answering Customer Support phone lines, generating trouble tickets and work orders.
• Provide technical support services for network data type problems in wireless and network applications and connectivity, Blackberry and PDA issues, network printers, Microsoft Windows Applications (MS Office) and Operating Systems security and rights access including password resets, computer hardware and software issues on laptop and desktop computers with local and remote users.
• Provide support for voice related issues such as no dial tone, voice mail and web interfaces, password resets, down circuits on Cisco VoIP and Nortel’s Meridian environments.
• Resolve call on initial customer contact and when necessary escalate to 2nd and 3rd level support teams.
• Responsible for maintaining the COMPCO database through accurate data entry and custodianship of configuration management on deployed computers.
• Adhere to departmental procedures and policies to ensure proper handling and timely escalation of Customer issues.
• Responsible for monitoring Telecom email and voice mail.
• Documentation of processes and solutions to be included in knowledge base.
• Attend meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: (KSA)
• Macintosh Operating system and application experience a plus.
• “Team Player” attitude with excellent communication, verbal and written skills.
• Proficiency in providing quality Customer Service.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Technical certification from Microsoft or comparable (i.e. MCSE, A+, Network +, ITIL or equivalent).
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Information Technology, Engineering or Information Systems related field.
Work Experience Requirements:
• One to two years of experience in Help Desk/Call Center environment. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience will be considered.
Apply online. Position #: P00010759.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!